Saturday 20 January 2007

Patriotism

I love my country, I also love to travel around the world and experience different cultures. In fact one day I'm going to hang a map of the world in my house. Then I'm gonna put pins into all the locations that I've traveled to. But first, I'm gonna have to travel to the top two corners of the map so it won't fall down.

But most of all, I love to return home;

This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle,
This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars,
This other Eden, demi-paradise,
This fortress built by Nature for herself
Against infection and the hand of war,
This happy breed of men, this little world,
This precious stone set in the silver sea,
Which serves it in the office of a wall
Or as a moat defensive to a house,
Against the envy of less happier lands,--
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.

William Shakespeare, "King Richard II", Act 2 scene 1




















© Bob Slot 2007

7 comments:

PC South West said...

Likewise.
I just don't like what the politicians are doing to it!

Anonymous said...

In all honesty mate, they have ruined it. It's not just what they are doing it's what's been done!

McNoddy said...

Rab,

Click here for your virtual map.

Mind you, there's no option for England - you'll just have to settle for the UK.

Anonymous said...

Nice post, and a fine new blog might I say.

PCFrankyFact said...

I shall stay away from the devolution and call myself British.
I think if we start withdrawing to differing nations then next it will be regions and before you know it its Yugoslavia or Czechoslovakia all over again.
Good post Bob.

Robert 'Bob' Slot said...

Thanks for the nice comments everyone. Thanks also for the link Noddy, just filled in my Virtual Map. Only covered 7%!

I thought I was well travelled!

Friend :) said...

day, in all the thousand small uncaring ways
_______________
BingoSecret Service