Sunday 7 January 2007

C'est la vie

I was shopping the other day with my two children (Both aged under 10) when I had the misfortune to come across a real pair of losers, I will describe them for you…

Female aged about 17, 5’00” tall, about 6’00 around the waist, bleached blonde hair with coloured tints, wearing a white tracksuit top unzipped to reveal a pink cropped top allowing belly (Complete with stretch marks) to hang over tracky bottoms (3/4 Length of course) and white trainers.

Male 17-18 years 5’06” Extremely thin build. Gaunt facial features, black eye, scratch down cheek. Black tracksuit with baseball cap and hoody. Black gloves (For grafting) white Reebok classic trainers and of course tracky bottoms have to be tucked into the socks!

Both of them were wearing more gold than the US Federal Reserve! In fact, I think they must have been the Mayor and Mayoress of Chavtown.

Anyway, they were obviously very lost because they were in the book section of WH Smith (Unless Tricia or Jeremy Kyle have a new book out perhaps?) They seemed to have gone there for a good argument as far as I could see.

Only it wasn’t really a good argument it was more like a…..

Him “F**kin innit, Know what a mean!”

Her “No but, yeah but no, summat or nuffink”

That seemed to be about the extent of it to be honest, but it was getting more heated and the young chap had to restrain himself from punching the book displays a couple of times, he was getting really mad.

Now I didn’t really want my two children to witness this kind of language or behaviour, if I had wanted that I would have taken them to a busy town centre on a Saturday night rather than WH Smiths book section.

I thought for a moment about saying “I say, my dear fellow, would you care to moderate your language and behave with a little more decorum in front of my children, that's a good chap”

But having thought about the possible outcomes and deciding that it was only ever going to end in few rounds of fisticuffs I decided to take the easy option and walk away.

So WH Smiths loses a sale, and society takes another step forward into the pit of shite!

C'est la vie!

© Bob Slot 2007

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

those 2 are wanted on my patch!

Robert 'Bob' Slot said...

So that's why they have been wanted for so long, the police never thought to look in book departments.

I can see it now, we can catch all the outstanding wanted and escaped criminals by patroling local libaries and branches of Waterstones!

Anonymous said...

I'm heading straight there tomorrow. gonna look under the crime section! god i'm a genious.

TotallyUn-Pc said...

were you within grabbing distance of the Elizabeth Duke counter in Argos too.... that will be where the £1.99 jewellrey comes from... oooo I'm such a snob!

I've added you to my page.... keep on entertaining me damnit!

PC South West said...

It's funny how they always wear a uniform!!

Anonymous said...

ah! is it a uniform or is it a disguise, are they undercover?

but the question remains, which government department are they from?

on the other hand they are very good at it so that makes me think they must be from the private sector.

Anonymous said...

But you did make the correct decision in the circumstances.