Sunday 15 December 2013

Long time no post

I have not posted on here now for over 6 years! Not because I didn't have anything to say. I have more to say now than I ever have. However I felt and still feel that if my identity were to come out I would probably face discipline proceedings for causing dissension within the ranks. In short I don't think that whistle blowers are ever protected in this day and age.

I have one thing to say though.

I have been in the police service for almost 22 years now. And before that served 4 years as a special constable. So 26 Years of my life I have given up to be a public servant.

In that time I could have left, I could have joined the private sector, opened my own business, worked as hard as I have done for the public sector and would have been probably very successful by now.

But I didn't I stuck with the police because I felt I could make a difference, and I paid 11% per month (Now 12.5%) of my wage into my personal pension fund in order to save for my future. The so called 'Gold plated pension' that everyone who doesn't have one seems to think it is!

As I was driving to work the other day at 6.30 am it dawned on me, I am still coming home each month with the same amount of money I was coming home with 10 years ago! How is that right! And this comes as the MP's vote on whether or not they get a 11% pay rise!

Fair? I don't think so!

No comments: